Careers beyond the ordinary
The Fundamentals of Welding program starts by helping students learn what it’s really like to be a welder: in interactive workshop courses and augmented reality welding booths. In as little as four months, you’ll be introduced to the areas of structural welding, fluxcore welding and pipe welding. Students will also be prepared to excel in job interviews and weld tests for various welding certifications. The Fundamentals of Welding program trains you in the skills you need to work as a welder worldwide:
- Aerospace and aviation
- Automotive shops
- Shipbuilding Construction
- The military
Wherever metal needs adhering, a welder is needed. Start with a career map and learn the technical skills that employers are really looking for. Prepare to solve the needs of the expeccrted job demand of 2023. This is a multi-disciplinary program that aims to give students the skills, knowledge, and confidence required to proceed with apprenticeships in welding.
Train for an apprenticeship or other positions in skilled trades. We offer our welding classes with flexible scheduling: evening and hyvrid online classes are available at our tysons and springfield campuses. Our classes will train you in the fundamentals of welding processes you’ll need to know as a professional welder on the job market:
Upon successful completion of this Certificate, students will have a knowledge base in:
- Shielded metal arc (SMAW) welding
- Metal Inert gas (MIG) welding
- Tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding
- High-frequency TIG welding
- Flux-cored arc welding
- Structural welding
- Pipe welding
- Aircraft welding
- Thin alloy welding
- Pipeline welding
Pre-Apprenticeship programs develop the required competencies to meet industry standards for apprentice Welders. Presentation of program content will draw heavily on
1. Respecting others’ work and developing healthy work relationships that respect fellow workers in all trades. This instructional strategy will help to prepare the students to work collaboratively with other trades personal toward a common end result.
2. development of skills through practice, effort, action, and patience. Instructors will seek to balance instructional methods through the use of learning labs and project-based learning assignments, in addition to conventional lectures.
3. Instructors will also promote an environment of inclusive participation through open dialogue and continuous feedback throughout the program. This instructional strategy draws upon a collaborative approach among students by forming working relationships with each other to collectively solve problems as they strive toward a common goal. Inuktitut will be the language of instruction wherever possible.
Industry Standard Instruction
We Teach Relevant Material In This Ever-Evolving Field Of Electricity. We Teach Prepare Students For A Successful Career As A Journeyman, licensed professional, Or Master Mechanic. We Really Love Teaching Future Owners.
Live Instructor Chats
Having Necessary Guidance Throughout The Course Is Crucial. Most Of Our Material Is Available Online But Our Instructors And Assistants Are Available Via Chat, Cell, Video, And In Person.
Lab Has Proven To Be A Crucial Factor For Success In The Class. We Don’t Demand Attendance Because We Live In A Post Covid 19 World But We Highly Recommend Any Student To Attend.
Video Demonstration & Instruction
Most Of Our curriculum Instruction Has Been Filmed And Is Available Without Limits At Any Students Discretion Online. We Took About 3 Months To Film The Class. Variables are answered in labs, video chats, or otherwise.
We Have Unique Relationships With Our Ready To Hire Employers. Students Also Apply For Jobs Themselves. We Assist In The Process With Keyworded Resumes and a professional development block in the class.
KVT Owns Several Businesses. Our Students Benefit As A Result Of The Properties That We Own nad lab facilities. This Provides Irreplaceable Hands-On Experience.
In order to enter this program, applicants must have the following education:
High school diploma including a minimum of English, Math and 3 credits in Science
OR, as a Mature Student:
Must be a minimum of 17 years old and have been out of school for at least one school year
Full participation requires individuals to be physically capable of performing the work.
DPOR, IACET, DOL Credentials: Upon successful completion of the classes, students will receive a certificate of completion in pre welding apprenticeship studies.
Most of our students finish the course in as little as 16 – 20 weeks. You have the ability to take your time yet we will diligently view your progression.
The variance is there because some students are working professionals, have children, and or life is happening. The course is here for you at your own pace yet we are your biggest cheerleaders to get the course work done in a reasonable amount of time.
Employment is Expected to Grow for Welding in the US to 452,500 Jobs by 2029!
– Bureau of Labor and Statistics